Performs high voltage line inspection work requiring knowledge of construction standards and work procedures including GO95 128 & 165. Ensures job site safety. Performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the construction, maintenance, repair and inspection of the District’s transmission and distribution systems.
- Operates various types of equipment and vehicles (may require class A license); mobile data terminals
- Performs construction reviews of design documents and provides estimates for field changes.
- Inspects trench, pull box and vault installation; customer service facilities
- Work as qualified electrical worker to access energized equipment, analyze schematic diagrams, blue lining wiring diagrams, schedule and apply for clearances, perform primary switching, etc.
- Installs/removes/terminates/splices various types of cable; streetlight equipment; work site protection devices; residential and commercial meters; various excavations; overhead & underground residential & commercial services
- Performs work on lines energized @ 120V through 21 KV; tests on high voltage circuits; environmental clean-up and transports hazardous material
- Assists electricians in wiring electric substations
- Document site as built conditions.
- Installs/repairs cubicle/transformer wells, transformers, capacitors & related line apparatus, sprinkler systems, landscaping
- Prepares job site records and progress reports.
- Inspects high voltage distribution construction work for compliance with contract and local, state and federal laws.
- Assists cable splicers in network underground systems.
- Instructs & directs sub-ordinates
- Ensures technical adequacy of construction methods and techniques.
- Connects transformers
- Applicants must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Successful completion of an approved high voltage electrical worker apprenticeship program.
- Inspect line construction work for compliance to District standards Read & understand job & training manuals, safety procedures and their application on and around high voltage conductors & equipment; Read, interpret and follow written and oral instructions; Climb ladders;
- Maintain a positive work relationship/environment with peers & public.
- Perform physically demanding work for extended time periods; Operate motor vehicles, District radios & mobile data terminals, utilize computer applications for electronic mail, recordkeeping, word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Work rotating shifts including weekends and holidays to facilitate workload; work in remote location and hazardous areas; use protective clothing and follow safety procedures; and, respond to emergency call out.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must possess the same knowledge, skills, experience, etc.
- As an Lineman/Woman as well as completion of an approved Lineman/Woman Apprentice program including three years climbing experience in overhead electrical distribution work.
- Possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record.
- Reside in a location close enough to their reporting headquarters to allow a reasonable response time from residence under normal driving conditions within posted speed limits; Work overtime and emergencies.
- Be “On Call” and respond immediately to emergency call-outs; Work special schedules as required.
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A