To lead in the performance of both short and long term strategic business planning balancing the experiences and needs of customers while also focusing on internal priorities, resources and objectives. Oversee long term strategies while also delivering value to the business through short term, actionable efforts.
- Leads and supports key business initiatives by overseeing the development of short and long term strategic and operational plans to drive and support implementation of customer programs, operational enhancements, product solutions, or other services to meet SMUDs strategic business objectives.
- Develop and support recommendations with accurate financial analysis and rigorous financial or economic theory.
- Review analyses, reports or other decision documents prepared by other contributors or stakeholders and provide comments or additional analyses to improve the overall quality of information provided to management.
- Oversees the establishment of 3-year strategic and/or operating plan for assigned unit.
- Coordinate the monthly forecast process, ensure “line of sight” between project outline and delivery.
- Use existing financial models and/or develop new models, spreadsheets or other techniques to analyze financial and business planning issues. Including researching and analyzing data to identify major drivers of performance, customer experience and interpret trends to develop, present, and implement value-added solutions to optimize resources and processes.
- Define, review and monitor operational/program metrics; support requests for project maintenance and creation to ensure business alignment; collaborate with stakeholders to determine measures of success to ensure program/project changes benefits are realized.
- Serves as a liaison between workgroup/business units to facilitate business needs.
- Oversee contract management for assigned area, ensure vendors are meeting SLA’s, evaluate contracts and determine if extensions or a new RFP is necessary to sustain business processes/needs.
- Applicants must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Manage multiple projects and planning processes of moderate complexity.
- Analyze complex issues and develop/implement resolution alternatives.
- Analyze procedures/systems and develop/implement operational improvements.
- Analyze situations, documents and data for conformance to established policy and procedures; gather data from appropriate sources and identify relevant factors; interpret, clarify, understand and analyze verbal/written information and ideas.
- Compile and prepare technical, statistical and/or analytical reports and presentations.
- Independently prepare a variety of correspondence and memoranda; compile data, maintain records and files, and prepare administrative or technical reports;
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or related field (or equivalent experience). If no degree then eleven (11) years of experience is required.
- Seven (7)+ years of progressively responsible relevant experience. Experience should include project management, business and/or budget planning and/or developing and monitoring business performance measures and metrics.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A