Under general supervision, performs mechanical maintenance, repair and overhaul of hydroelectric generating systems.
- Lays out work, cuts, fits, joins and performs skilled operations on light and heavy metals and other materials; does pipe work and makes pressure tests.
- Maintains, repairs and overhauls geared mechanisms and operating machinery; runs tests and makes adjustments.
- Performs skilled mechanical work in the installation, maintenance, repair, overhaul, and rebuilding of equipment and facilities of electrical generating plants.
- Works on hydro and related subsystems for lubrication, cooling, governing, fuel handling, water storage, and on-plant and site services.
- Undertakes skilled tasks of the acquired specialized craft.
- Cleans and overhauls valves, pumps, spray systems, condensers and pressure vessels; aligns shafts, fits bearings and replaces seals and packing.
- Consults drawings, manuals, catalogs and other sources of information.
- Operates vehicles, industrial tractors, cranes and hoists; performs rigging incidental to regular assignments.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License (CDL) and a satisfactory driving record (not more than two moving violations in the last two years.
- Knowledge Of: Safety procedures; hydraulics; various mechanical systems (steam, water and fuel); valve disassembly; rigging procedures; and common shop equipment. May require knowledge of: ferrous and nonferrous materials; procedures to machine a variety of materials; sheet metal work, layout and manufacture.
Qualification & Experience:
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship or equivalent training in the mechanical trade. Demonstrated experience at a Journey level in the installation, maintenance, and/or assembly of large and complex equipment such as piping systems, pressure units, valves, gates, turbines, motors, and/or generators in power generating stations. Basic computer and key boarding skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Anaheim, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A