Analyze business needs and design, develop, implement, and evaluate world-class learning/ education solutions for the training organizations within the Sempra Energy Utilities as well as other organizations /departments within the integrated utilities. Work with business unit clients, subject matter experts, and designers to establish project goals, develop project plans, monitor progress towards plans, and evaluate results.
- Identify all stakeholders involved and maintain client contact for instructional design project lifecycle.
- Revise and update training materials in response to changes in policy and procedures, and/or based on results of needs analysis. Edit instructional materials, such as books, simulation exercises, lesson plans, instructor guides, student materials, and tests.
- Define instructional, learning, or performance objectives. Assess the most effective instructional method(s) to achieve objectives. May recommend instructional methods, such as individual or group instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations, and simulation exercises, appropriate for content and learner characteristics.
- Analyze business needs, identify training and performance support needs, and recommend training and non-training solutions as appropriate.
- Present and make recommendations regarding course design, technology, and instruction delivery options.
- Identify environmental and cultural factors that influence learning, attitudes, and job performance. Adapt instructional content or delivery methods for different levels or types of learners.
- Design, develop, and implement instructional systems and processes including learning objectives, content outlines, training curricula, training job aids, simulations, role-plays, leader (instructor) materials, student materials, workbooks, evaluations and multi-media training material.
- Develop and manage project plans for Instructional Design projects including information such as project objectives, scope, schedule, and deliverables.
- Partner with subject matter experts, interview focus groups, and conduct other research to develop instructional content.
- Creative and conceptual skills required to understand a myriad of ideas and problems and to create multiple solutions using theories and concepts.
- Project planning and management skills essential for balancing several instructional design projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop skills needed for specialized equipment and leading-edge training tools and technologies.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Current on emerging training and transfer of training methodologies with the ability to apply these developments in instructional design and related fields.
- Expertise of eLearning authoring tools and other software for Instructional Design work (e.g. Articulate, Captivate, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Strong communication skills are required for writing/editing training materials that are clear, concise, and grammatically correct.
- High degree of interpersonal communications for negotiation, consulting, interviews, and presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Technology, Educational Psychology, Adult Education, Communication, or closely related field is required. Equivalent training and experience may be substituted for degree.
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Technology, Educational Psychology, Adult Education, Communication, or a closely related field is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of Instructional design experience, including design in virtual and eLearning training is required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Pico Rivera, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A