Serves as company expert in air quality, provides technical expertise to internal clients, peers and all levels of management. Manages multiple, complex, cross-discipline projects. Acts as a key strategic contributor to ensure company compliance with specific laws to support business objectives and initiatives. Advocates the company position at government agencies to provide flexibility to company operations in meeting environmental requirements. Conducts and oversees complex analysis of the potential effects of existing and proposed company operations on the environment. May have direct reports and require some supervisory skills.
- Assists environmental affairs in developing strategies, policies and documentation for presenting the Company’s position at state and federal regulatory proceedings.
- Supports project reviews and project permitting for air quality.
- Conducts air quality field compliance.
- Interprets complex environmental regulations and monitors Company compliance to prevent fines, lost revenues, unfavorable regulatory decisions, public scrutiny or operational delays.
- May be called upon to testify as an expert witness at agency hearings related to compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong presentation /training /public speaking skills are required.
- Initiative and ingenuity are required in all aspects of this position.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of all levels of environmental laws, regulations, and the energy sector is required.
- Must be proficient with computer technology (related to technical area) and be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking, negotiation skills, tact and diplomacy skills are required to negotiate favorable decisions from regulatory agencies and also satisfy multiple company clients with differing needs.
Qualification & Experience:
- Equivalent work experience or training in an environmental discipline may be substituted for the degree.
- Related graduate level course work, master’s degree or equivalent certifications preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field of study is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of related environmental experience is required. 10+ years of environmental experience preferred.
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Santa Barbara, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A