Manage and direct large-scale, major projects within the department or business unit. Responsible for the development of work scope, budget, schedule, and resource requirements. Prepare, negotiate and approve contracts for contractors or consultants.
May provide direction to a small group of direct reports
- Testify before and/or prepare supporting documentation for CPUC and other government agencies concerning cost estimates.
- Manage and coordinate all activities leading to the successful completion of projects including project scoping, timelines, cost estimates and design.
- Develop and maintain project parameters for project requirements.
- Provide direction to contractors, consultants, and project team.
- Coordinates input from and participation with various other departments within the Company as needed to meet project objective.
- Manage related workforce planning, budget analysis, and prepare budget forecasts.
- Analyze and determine regulatory impacts and requirements of the project. May build business cases and justifications.
- Responsible for providing team/project goals and evaluating performance.
- Research and evaluate available contractors and consultants.
- Prepare, negotiate and approve or recommend approval of contracts. Negotiate contracts changes.
- Project management certification is preferred.
- Requires a Bachelor’s in Engineering, Business or related and 6 years related experience or equivalent training and experience.
- An MBA or advanced degree is highly desirable.
- Project management knowledge required.
- Experience in Integrity Management principles is preferred.
- Oil & Gas Industry experience is preferred.
- Must be able to assess the potential financial impact of a project to the Company.
- Must possess the ability to review complex problems and propose innovative solutions.
- Experience with a Human Factors Assessment project is preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Santa Maria, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A