Responsible for analyzing, maximizing capacity utilization, balancing and scheduling gas transportation on the SoCalGas pipeline system for deliveries from interstate and intrastate pipelines.
- Analyzes and resolves customer inquiries. Identifies customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manages nominations, allocations, storage accounts and imbalance trading for customers’ gas supplies.
- Ensures company compliance with affiliate rules and remedial measures.
- Communicates daily with Gas Control to determine system capabilities and constraints and their effect on maximizing capacity utilization.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Manages pipeline and intrastate pool imbalances.
- Evaluates and manages pipeline capacity daily to ensure that the system is balanced between pipeline deliveries and system demand..
- Strong interpersonal and verbal skills since there is frequent communication with gas control, interconnecting pipelines, and customers.
- Familiarity with regulatory issues affecting interstate gas transportation.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of gas flow dynamics preferred.
- Ability to rapidly grasp concepts on regulatory issues affecting interstate and intrastate gas transportation.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Proficient at a variety of computer applications (i.e. excel, word).
- Acts independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to verbally interact with customers quickly and effectively in response to inquiries.
- Strong teambuilding skills.
- Ability to work under extreme time constraints and meet critical deadlines.
- Able to prepare comprehensive and concise written communications.
- Strong mathematical, organizational, and analytical skills required.
- Ability to communicate complicated issues to technical and non-technical audience.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent experience is required.
- Building Science Principles (BSP) certificate preferred.
- 1 year of Customer Programs experience as the Customer Programs Support Specialist I or equivalent experience in various roles and knowledge of various programs is required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: El Centro, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A