A Process Designer is responsible for participating in the planning, development, maintenance, and enhancement of SAP applications. Occupants of this position are assigned to project teams and utilize a variety of client/server platforms. Under the leadership and tactical supervision of a project leader, incumbents collaborate with company customers, staff, IT, and other stakeholders to identify user requirements, assess available technologies, and recommend solution options according to the activities of the production department(s) in processing materials or manufacturing products.
- Provide business analysis and process redesign expertise within business units/areas in the analysis, and redesign, of SAP functions and processes.
- Develop and maintain Business Process Procedures (BPPS).
- Develop business relationships and integrate activities with other IT areas to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts.
- Formulate and define application scope and objectives and devise/modify procedures to solve business problems.
- Develop familiarity with production operations, as well as established priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Regularly coach other project personnel to ensure business application systems are developed in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Plant maintenance work experience in Utilities industry is desirable.
- Strong work experience to configure the system for various processes of asset management like Compatible units, Preventive and Corrective maintenance.
- SAP technical knowledge with hands-on ABAP development is desirable. Experience in integrations using IDOCs methodology.
- Strong project management skills, operating as part of a team organizing, planning, and executing projects from the envisioning stage through implementation and cross-functional experience is required.
Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Management Information Systems with an emphasis in a specific functional area, such as finance, human resources, manufacturing, operations, logistics, or sales and marketing or equivalent work experience and technical training, is required.
- Five years of experience in a relevant functional area, such as finance, human resources, logistics Conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies in client/server, and PC computing environments desirable; in-depth experience in one or more is critical. Required
- Experience in the utility industry or in a production/service environment similar to that of the employer is preferred.
- Experience with software unit and integration testing. Required.
- Experience with structured design, development, and implementation of new computing architectures. Required.
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A