This is a Sr Software Developer/GIS Developer who is an individual contributor to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of business applications, providing specialized technical or business knowledge to the project. In this position you are assigned to projects within the Information Technology department and utilize a variety of new computing architectures (e.g., SaaS, Citrix, Web).
Under the guidance of the Team Lead, they collaborate with business team staff, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders to define detained customer requirements and system interfaces, assess available technologies, and develop and present solutions. Incumbents act as internal consultants, providing technical guidance or business process expertise on the most complex projects or researching strategic planning matters from a technical or business standpoint.
- Participate with other IT members, customers, and other stakeholders in new product reviews, tests, and pilots.
- Perform feasibility studies and translate requirements into an appropriate design.
- Provide technical consulting support on projects or system issues.
- Develop business knowledge and relationships to integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Monitor, conduct performance tuning, and enhance the applications. Participate/coordinate change management (CO) for application fixes and enhancements.
- Identify conflicting business practices and integration issues and suggest alternative solutions.
- Evaluate application software packages and make recommendations to management.
- Once application goes live, provide production supports such as monitoring/resolving incidents, participating/coordinating Service Restoration (SRT), Root Cause
- Analysis (RCA), and disaster Recovery (DR).
- Provide technical expertise within an assigned business unit/area, usually as a member of a project team, in analysis, design, and development of business applications.
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating and identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
- Collect and analyze business requirements for projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to expected customer service levels.
- Lead small projects or regularly coach other personnel to ensure business application systems are developed in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools and practices. Preferred
- Knowledge of project management techniques is required (cross-functional experience is highly desirable)
- Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on experience managing systems development in new computing architectures and environments (e.g., client/server, Web, cloud computing, mobile); knowledge of relevant technology, tools, and middleware is critical, including C/C++, 4GLs, OLE/MS Office, Windows, ODBC, GUIs, RPCs, various RDBMSs, and others.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to work well on cross-functional project teams and foster team commitment to tasks.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to work well on cross-functional project teams and foster team commitment to tasks
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Strong project management skills, operating as part of a team organizing, planning, and executing projects from the envisioning stage through implementation.
- Conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies in distributed computing environments desirable.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with JSON, XML, Web services, ArcGIS API, ArcGIS runtime SDK, and Python script.
- Experience in the industry or in a production/service environment like that of the employer.
- ArcGIS desktop applications – ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap 10.x
- Experience in .NET framework.
- Experience with developing/implementing following on ESRI ArcGIS platforms is highly preferred.
- Mobile GIS field applications (Windows and IOS devices) using ArcGIS Runtime SDK 100.x
- Utilities experience is highly preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Eureka, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A