Join SoCalGas today and share our vision of becoming the cleanest natural gas utility in North America. Headquartered in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, we deliver affordable and increasingly renewable energy to 22 million customers across central and Southern California.
Participates in the IT rotation program to include the delivery or participation in the delivery of, customer-driven solutions in one or more of the following technology areas: digital and customer services, software development, enterprise services, databases, cloud and infrastructure, networking telecommunications, cybersecurity, risk & compliance, enterprise service management (ITIL); enterprise architecture; product or capability delivery, and program delivery.
- Rotate through at least three different technology or business organizations. Develop department-specific content, such as business requirements, processes, procedures, etc. Participate in building, coding, configuring and/or developing solutions, such as new systems, applications, third party software packages, processes, documentation, etc. Participate in the maintenance and management of existing software and infrastructure (hardware, software, processes). Research and recommend potential solutions to solve department-specific problems.
- Utilize experiences and contribute to teams in alignment with an agile mindset and values (e.g. by working off user stories within an agile scrum team). Deliver value incrementally and participate in team’s agile or scrum ceremonies as appropriate; participate in reviews and demos as part of the team, utilize the opportunity to receive feedback and learn from the work of others.
- Participate in the IT Associate training curriculum, Tiger Team Projects, STEM Outreach, Future of IT (FIT), Campus Leads and other growth opportunities as presented by program leadership. Embody a growth mindset, leveraging opportunities to learn from more senior team members. Develop leadership, presentation skills, and a professional network of company colleagues. Act as an advisor and mentor to incoming participants in the program by participating in the mentor program (e.g. as mentor and mentee).
Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms. Intermediate
Knowledge of project management techniques and methodologies. Beginner
Analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills. Intermediate
Ability to operate as part of a team organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from the envisioning stage through implementation. Beginner
Agile Methodologies – Knowledge of concepts, including Agile Scrum and/or Kanban, and application of Agile methodology (e.g., Lean, SAFe, LeSS) for project management to be able to design, implement and manage projects. Beginner
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
Engaging interpersonal skills; ability to work well on cross-functional project teams and foster team commitment to tasks. Intermediate
Qualification & Experience:
- 0-2 of related work experience in one technology capability and/or business operation, including but not limited to IT solution delivery, product management, data and analytics, cybersecurity, software development, enterprise services, cloud services, networking & telecommunications, and communications or equivalent experience. Required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Engineering, or other related technical or business field. Required.
- 3.0 or higher GPA. Preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A