Southern California Edison (SCE)
About the job
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Mailing & Logistic, Specialist at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. Your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Sort, process and deliver mail and packages.
- Operate and maintain Company vehicles and complex office and mailing equipment.
- Ensure that mail, equipment, data, and supplies are sorted and delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Load and unload mail and packages.
- Scan documents and packages.
- Answer phones, respond to customer requests and conduct mail and package transactions including handling and delivering.
- Operate a two axle vehicle.
- Other duties as instructed.
- On occasion may be required to operate fork lift.
- A Class “C” license is required. Must pass all required tests. Must hold and maintain a valid California Driver License.
- Three years of experience of a combination of mail sorting and/or freight handling.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time on even or uneven surfaces.
- Ability to lift up 65lbs.
- Standard abbreviations used in shipping and in designated weights and measures.
- Proper use of equipment; safety and accident prevention rules.
- Learn fundamentals of job such as names of delivery locations, postal and shipping rules and regulations.
- Operate light material moving equipment and two axle vehicles.
- Understand and follow written and oral directions.
- Perform heavy physical work.
- Operate postal machinery.
- Load and unload such as boxes, documents, packages and supplies.
- Scan materials for prohibited items.
- The knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job are at a level comparable with those normally acquired through courses taken in obtaining a high school education.
- Some work experience sorting mail is preferred.
This position requires the following test(s): Please reference tests EEI BCAB (Test #5206). Applicants who have previously passed these test(s) may not need to retest again for this position
Test Preparation. Most tests have guides to help you prepare. You can reference them anytime at Edison.com/TestInfo.
Email Monitoring. Applicants who are identified to continue in the selection process may be invited to test. Invitations to test will be sent to the email address used during your application. Please monitor your email account daily to ensure no important communications regarding your application status or invitation to test will be missed. Email communications for testing will come from TalentAcquisition@sce.com and email@example.com.
Self-Scheduling. Certain tests will allow you to self-schedule your testing time. These invitations to self-schedule will need to be completed within 3 days from the date of the email invitation. There is limited availability, so we encourage you to coordinate with your supervisor (for SCE employees) and schedule your session immediately.
You should know…
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.