Website Southwestern Community College
Under the direction of the Dean Institutional Research and Planning, support and assist the Dean, staff, and students. Perform a wide variety of administrative and secretarial duties; serve as a liaison between the Dean, staff, students and other District and community officials; plan, coordinate and implement on-going operations and activities of the department.
- Plan, schedule, perform a variety of secretarial duties to relieve assigned administrator of a variety of clerical, technical and routine administrative duties; serve as a liaison between the administrator and staff, public and other College personnel; oversee the daily operations of the office.
- Prioritize and coordinate office activities to assure timelines are met; coordinate communicate and disseminate information.
- Collect and compile statistical and financial data and other information for inclusion into special and periodic reports.
- Prepare, process, and distribute budget transfers; research and compile data necessary to purchase Division instructional and office equipment; monitor each discipline’s projects and grants accounts and maintain budget expenditures.
- Prepare and supervise absence reports for full-time and adjust faculty and classified employees; prepare, process, and distribute hourly classified and student timesheets and consultant contracts.
- Prepare agenda and handouts; schedule discipline meetings; assist in compiling research materials for annual long range planning development proposal.
- Transcribe communications; draft, prepare and edit a variety of correspondence, memoranda, reports, and other materials; record and transcribe minutes; compose routine correspondence as assigned; type from rough draft or oral directions.
- Arrange and schedule a variety of meetings and conferences; operate and maintain electronic calendar; make travel arrangements and process District travel forms.
- Office management principles and methods.
- Modem office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Operation/procedures of computer system and multiple computer software programs.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Oral and written communication skills.
Company: Southwestern Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Franklin, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A