Website Southwestern Community College
Under the direction of the Director of Outreach, participate in scheduling and coordinating Outreach Office services, activities, and operations; assist in planning, organizing, coordinating, and implementing special events; recruit prospective students to the college and provide specialized assistance in student services areas including Admissions and Records, Counseling Services, Registration, Assessment, Financial Aid, Extended Opportunity Programs and Services, Summer Readiness, and Math Summer Bridge Program.
- Prepare, type, and process correspondence, newsletters, and other documents; coordinate communication and dissemination of information; file documents including confidential records; maintain files.
- Implement and maintain student tracking systems; compile and prepare statistical and monthly reports related to enrollment and outreach activities; verify information for accuracy and completeness.
- Conduct and attend various college and career fairs to present information on campus programs and services; invite community colleges, universities, private institute, and military representatives to Fall and Spring SOSC college fair.
- Prepare and deliver oral presentations at the junior, middle, and senior high schools, adult schools, and other agencies within the District.
- Assure proper distribution of brochures, pamphlets, and other promotional materials to area high schools and designated locations in the community.
- Maintain current knowledge of SUHSD policies; review college curriculum, rules, regulations, and guidelines applicable to assigned areas; attend meetings and seminars related to current legislation and procedures.
- Outreach programs, services, and activities.
- College admissions, registration, residency, and financial aid requirements.
- Federal and State financial assistance programs.
- Pertinent State, Federal, and program polices, rules, and regulations as well as forms and applications.
- College recruitment techniques.
- Local community service agencies, high schools, and businesses.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software.
Company: Southwestern Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Franklin, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A