Website Southwestern Community College
Statement of Primary PurposeServes as assistant to the Student Support Services staff and as an initial source for information for SSS students. ClassificationFull-time, non-exempt, Office Support, staff
- Maintain student records with accuracy and strict confidentiality Maintain student records into SSS tracking database, Blumen.
- Welcome students to SSS and channel them to appropriate SSS staff. Provide friendly and helpful, accurate information to students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Assist Director and program staff in preparing federal reports by designated deadlines. Create memos, letters and documents to assist with correspondence.
- Process forms (travel requests, purchase requisitions), and reports.
- Maintain office records and filing system. Receive and respond to all calls and emails with answers to questions and inquiries concerning SSS. Maintain required databases and update student information in retention system AVISO.
- Prepare and distribute informational announcements and emails for SSS students. Maintain SSS social media outlets and updates to SSS webpage.
- High School or equivalent with 5 years Office Admin experience
- Preferred: Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years Office Admin Experience
- Knowledge and Skills Proficient in various software programs (MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Excellent keyboarding and office skills Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, and staff. Self-motivation to work independently
- Ability to work as a team player Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Physical Demands Light lifting of office supplies.
Company: Southwestern Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Sylva, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A