Website Southwestern Community College
The Hiring Compliance Officer (HCO) serves as a non-voting search committee member and technical advisor during the recruitment process. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Human Resources.
- Ensure that selection committee members (voting and non-voting) remain objective and unbiased in their analysis.
- Coordinate and present personnel training programs and informational presentations including selection committee training and orientation and related presentations, as required.
- Ensure that interview questions are job related and that the selection committee does not add any questions that are not job related.
- Monitor the screening, interview, and selection processes and bring concerns (real or perceived) to the attention of Human Resources in a timely manner.
- Collect and organize all selection committee documentation including orientation packets, interview notes and forms, and any other recruitment related documentation. Submit this documentation to Human Resources in a timely manner.
- Facilitate every selection committee meeting, ensuring that compliance components are understood and adhered to, and stay privy to all discussions surrounding the recruitment.
- Ensure completion of the Hiring Compliance Officer Questionnaire for each selection committee.
- Ensure that the selection committee keeps all conversations relating to candidates completely confidential and related directly to application materials provided.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations including pertinent provisions of the Education Code as it applies to personnel practices and procedures in community college districts.
- Current recruitment and selection theories, methods, practices.
- Operations, services, and activities of human resources.
- Public human resources administration theory, principles, and practices and their application to a variety of human resources programs and procedures, including employment and equal opportunity regulations.
- District policies, procedures, and current educational programs.
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disabled and ethnic backgrounds of community college employees and students.
Company: Southwestern Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Chula Vista, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A