Website Southwestern Community College
Incumbents in District positions are expected to exhibit an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, and employees, including those with physical or learning disabilities, and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
- Monitors work order requests received, assigns work orders to staff, and closes out orders once completed; coordinates custodial services both on and off District facilities, including moving of furniture and equipment and setting up for meetings and special events; receives complaints from students, faculty, and staff, and resolves them or refers them to appropriate unit, such as Maintenance or Information Technology.
- Monitors inventory and maintains adequate levels of custodial supplies, equipment, and chemicals.
- Makes regular or special inspections of custodial tools, equipment, and related items for cleanliness, safety, appearance, operating effectiveness, and needed repair or replacement.
- Administers custodial budget; purchases needed supplies, equipment, and services; develops specifications, identifies vendors, and obtains quotes on custodial equipment, supplies, and chemicals for District facilities.
- Plans, organizes, assigns, supervises, and inspects the work of staff in the custodial activities for all District buildings and facilities; assists in selection and promotion; trains staff in work methods and procedures; provides policy guidance and interpretation to staff; determines staffing needs and recommends staffing levels for assigned activities and projects; sets performance standards and evaluates employees’ performance; coaches employees toward improved performance as needed; recommends and implements disciplinary procedures.
- Trains staff in safe work procedures and in the safe operation and use of equipment and supplies; coordinates with safety officer the removal from District facilities of hazardous or infectious material; maintains required Safety Data Sheets (SDS) according to regulations; ensures
- District adherence to applicable safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Research, analyze, and evaluate new service delivery methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
- Effectively use computer systems, software applications relevant to work performed, and modern business equipment to perform a variety of work tasks.
- Develop and implement goals, objectives, practices, policies, procedures, and work standards for assigned program areas.
- Identify problems, research and analyze relevant information, and develop and present recommendations and justification for solution.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Interpret, apply, explain, and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, local, and District laws, regulations, ordinances, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain accurate databases, records, and files.
- Perform custodial duties and operate related equipment safely and effectively.
- Supervise, train, plan, organize, schedule, assign, review, and evaluate the work of staff.
- Understand scope of authority in making independent decisions.
- Make sound, independent decisions within established policy and procedural guidelines.
Company: Southwestern Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Chula Vista, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A