Website U.S. Department of State
The Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Registered Nurse (RN) Care Manager is responsible for services and support to Veterans through collaborative teams of Mental Health professionals who work together to provide Veteran centered care, care coordination, and access to mental health care.
- The incumbent is responsible and accountable for all elements of the nursing process when providing and/or supervising patient care.
- The incumbent is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating care based on age-specific components.
- The incumbent is responsible for assessments, patient education, nutritional assessments, depression/health risk screenings, substance abuse screening, and preventive health screenings which are tools to assist in formulating the plan of care (Mental Health Suite).
- The incumbent is knowledgeable regarding interdisciplinary services available to meet Veteran specific Mental Health needs and can successfully direct as well as communicate this information to the Veteran and family.
- The incumbent is responsible for patient education, administration of medications and assistance with medication management. This includes but are not limited to Sublocade and Vivitrol.
- The incumbent is responsible for covering duties and responsibilities of nurses in the SUD as well as throughout Mental Health Service (MHS).
- The incumbent is responsible for accurately receiving and verifying physician orders and monitoring JACHO pain compliancy for SUD.
- Participation in the seasonal influenza and Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Vaccination programs are requirements for all Department of
- Veterans Affairs Health Care Personnel (HCP)
- All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment.
- Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
Qualification & Experience:
- ducation/Experience: A minimum of an Associate Degree in Nursing.
- Eligible candidate must possess current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a Registered Nurse (RN) in a US State, Commonwealth, Territory or the District of Columbia.
- A minimum of two (2) years of successful Registered Nurse (RN) Nursing Experience/Clinical Practice required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of successful Mental Health RN Nursing Experience.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Company: U.S. Department of State
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Little Rock, AR, US
Application Deadline: N/A