Website U.S. Department of State
This position is located in the Bureau of Global Public Affairs, Office of Planning and Events. The GPA Bureau’s Office of Planning and Events convenes communicators and coordinates domestic and international messaging efforts on high-level and cross-cutting issues to promote understanding of U.S. foreign policy priorities.
- Designs, drafts, and finalizes strategy and communications plans for Travel, Major Events, Summits and Campaigns to promote both domestic and international messaging efforts to promote understanding of foreign policy priorities.
- Recommends new or enhanced services designed to effectively engage and inform public audiences, both domestically and abroad, about Department programs, plans, and policies.
- Works with the Office Director to manage the implementation of major programs or policy decisions affecting GPA activities, especially those involving the Assistant Secretary and most other senior officials of the Department.
- Collaborates with staff, regional bureaus, and missions overseas to create, develop, and strengthen a comprehensive communications strategy, develop performance metrics, and implement changes/improvements to ensure the success of the strategy.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Incumbent will be subject to random drug testing.
- One year probationary period, unless excepted by regulation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience designing strategy and communications plans for travel, major events, summits and campaigns to promote both domestic and international messaging efforts to promote understanding of foreign policy priorities.
- Experience analyzing foreign affairs policy information that could have long-term or short-term impact on the organization’s communications efforts, and drafting recommended actions to improve the quality and effectiveness of public affairs activities.
- Experience collaborating with internal offices and external organizations to support the promotion of communications and messaging efforts.
Company: U.S. Department of State
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A