Website U.S. Department of State
The Stratton VA Medical Center, part of the VA Health Care Upstate New York, is located in the heart of Albany. Albany, the capital city of New
York, the seat of Albany County, and the central city of New York’s Capital District, is roughly 140 miles north of New York City and sits on the
west bank of the Hudson River. Opened in 1951, our Medical Center serves 22 counties of Upstate New York, Western Massachusetts and
Vermont. In 1990 this facility was named in honor of Samuel S. Stratton, U.S. Congressman for 30 years of the 23rd District, a staunch supporte
- Providing anesthetic care for general surgery, orthopedics, plastics, ophthalmology, diabetic foot and oral surgery in OR, PACU, ICU
- Intraoperative anesthetic administration and monitoring
- Direction of perioperative anesthetic care to patients
- Preoperative Assessments
- ward and clinic settings
- Participating in the development and implementation of program planning, objectives, policies and standards essential to delivery
- Post-anesthesia Care
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment.
- Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
Qualification & Experience:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
Company: U.S. Department of State
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Albany, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A