Website U.S. Department of State
This position is located in the Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations, Construction, Facility, and Security Management Directorate, Office of Security Management, Security Countermeasures Division, Security Engineering Branch (OBO/CFSM/SM/SCD/SEB).The incumbent serves as a senior Physical Security Engineer with responsibility for planning, surveying, designing, developing, modifying, and implementing physical security systems, renovations, equipment and new office building projects.
- Manages multiple, overlapping security renovation/enhancement/new projects at DOS facilities worldwide.
- Reviews payment requests and recommends payment/non payment to Contracting Officer.
- Conducts and/or coordinates pre proposal/pre bid visits to the overseas project site prior to contract award.
- Oversees and/or performs technical design reviews of contract architectural/engineering (A&E) drawings, shop drawings, project cost estimates, and program cost and resource analyses for physical security system.
- One year probationary period, unless excepted by regulation.
- Statement of Employment & Financial Interest required prior to appointment.
- Incumbent will be subject to random drug testing.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Verification of employment eligibility in the United States is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience overseeing and performing technical design reviews of contract architectural/engineering (A&E) drawings, shop drawings, project cost estimates, and program cost and resource analyses for physical security systems.
- Experience performing technical review of contractors’ deliverables , prepares written comments, and attends project conferences and review meetings during each phase of the security project design.
Company: U.S. Department of State
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portsmouth, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A