Website State of Arizona
The Department of Economic Security, Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Business Operation Specialist. DDD provides individuals with developmental disabilities, and their families, services and supports that are flexible, high quality, and member driven. These services provide individuals with opportunities to exercise their rights and responsibilities of independent decision-making and engagement in the community.
- Manage district capital equipment by tracking and logging equipment and recommending replacement schedule as part of the budget process.
- Maintain up-to-date log of district equipment, including cell phones, projectors, copiers, vehicles, printers, etc. Coordinate and manage district infrastructure needs, working with District Management to identify needs; log and track approvals, procurement and costs of identified items.
- Develop simple and edit moderately complex coding/queries using MS Access and SQL to customize and generate reports to pull service and fiscal data from various systems.
- Produce and QA data integrity for ad hoc and production reports based on complex data analysis, research and fiscal trends, cost effectiveness, budget, personnel, services, facilities and operations.
- Assist the Business Operations Manager in providing all fiscal and business management and direction for a large District.
- Assist BOPS Manager in identifying provider billing issues based on contractual and service delivery requirements, completing prep work for post payment review process.
- District liaison for providing technical support and direction on facilities related matters, which may include office moves, rebuilds, closures, etc.
- Maintain an up-to-date action list of all projects and timelines. Work collectively with DDD single point of contact (SPOC) regarding district facility needs.
- Assume a share of the responsibility for processing regular district purchasing and supply request orders including research state contracted vendors for best prices; obtain quotes when necessary; set up open & onetime POs as necessary; send hard copy POs to requesting staff; follow up w/staff to ensure receipt of purchases; get copies of packing slips/invoices, etc.; complete receivers; maintain & update purchasing log.
- Work through resolution provider authorization and/or provider service payment denials, which may include researching and putting in corrective action for any issues identified and elevated to the BOPS level. Provide authorization, billing and technical support to the Support Coordination and provider community as needed.
- Skilled in problem solving, conflict resolution, mediation and negotiations
- Knowledge of lean principles and promoting process improvement
- Skilled in advanced in MS Excel
- Skilled in planning and time management
- Skilled in professional oral and written communication
- Knowledge of database Management
- Skilled in intermediate code and query writing using MS Access and SQL and other platforms to extract fiscal, statistical and service data for management of complex cost and data analysis, and end user reports
- Knowledge of principles and practices of operations/project and business management
- Knowledge of federal rules and regulations as it applies to federally funded programs (AHCCCS, service delivery, fraud, waste and abuse, auditing practices)
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of application programming; mainframe and database programs
- Skilled in researching, prioritizing, and following up on incoming issues and concerns
- Knowledge of state government purchasing system and practices
Qualification & Experience:
- Ideal candidate will possess proven strong business leadership and management background, with demonstrated proficiency in utilizing complex coding and queries for MS Access, SQL and Report Builder, exhibiting extensive experience in producing complex statistical and fiscal data analysis.
- Five years of supervisory experience preferred.
Company: State of Arizona
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glendale, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A