Website State of Arizona
At the Arizona Department of Child Safety (“DCS”), we call ourselves “compassioneers” because everything we do is done with a compassionate heart. We work tirelessly to protect children, reunify families, ensure safe living environments and prevent unnecessary trauma. As an agency, we are proud to be a pillar of strength for our communities, and proud to do work each day that makes an impact on the world around us every day.
- Conducting investigations regarding a child abuse report
- Documenting client activity and completing reports
- Preparing case plans
- Assessing child safety and risk
- Identifying supports and resources to help children remain safely at home
- Facilitating removal and arrangement of child(ren)into an alternative placement
- Responding to reported allegations of child abuse and/or neglect
- Placing children, transporting children, and moving a child’s possessions when needed
- Participating in team meetings to follow-up on individual and case progress
- Attending Court hearings
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships; verbal and written communication; eliciting and gathering information; modeling professional behavior with clients; time management and multi-tasking; keen observation; sensitivity to needs, feelings and cultures; dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations; adaptability; and making independent decisions.
- Confidential principles; behavior modification, conflict resolution and counseling principles and techniques; intervention techniques; interviewing procedures; child development, family systems, family centered practice; behavioral indicators of mental health disturbance, impact of abuse and neglect, separation and loss issues and child welfare practices.
- Computers and software (Microsoft Office Suite); mobile devices, digital calendars (Outlook) & video conferencing (Microsoft Teams).
Qualification & Experience:
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with personal computers; Microsoft Office Suite
- One (1) year experience providing customer service to internal and external customers
- One (1) year professional office experience providing administrative support to a manager
Company: State of Arizona
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Peoria, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A