Website State of Arizona
This position requires the investigator to evaluate each case for compliance with all Labor Department jurisdictional programs. This position conducts investigations mainly from the office; field work is very limited, occurring only on an as needed basis.
- Keep detailed written notes of conversations with involved parties.
- Compose detailed, comprehensive activity logs of investigative actions taken, information received; and relevancy of facts uncovered.
- Render a decision on investigations conducted and write complete, concise determinations in narrative format using findings of fact, and a final order.
- Interview involved parties, conduct mediation conferences to negotiate settlements between opposing parties.
- Review investigative cases; contact involved parties via telephone, email, in person or by regular mail.
- Obtain documentation and weigh evidence received to determine pertinent issues.
- Educate employers and employees on all Labor Department jurisdictional programs.
- Proof read own written determinations and reports prior to final submission.
- Control adverse situations, disgruntled claimants or employers.
- Read, comprehend as well as analyze time and payroll records.
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Recognize red flags, analyze issues and address complex problems.
- Speak and write clearly and effectively; to articulate statutes and rules under the Department’s jurisdiction.
- Ability to handle large caseload of various programs effectively to meet expected deadlines.
- Work with others and listen attentively.
- Communicate effectively.
- Recognize and engage those with divergent backgrounds, characteristics, and perspectives to bridge gaps between alternative viewpoints.
Qualification & Experience:
- General investigation experience including civil, regulatory or non-criminal matters.
- Training in investigative techniques, negotiation and mediation skills, accounting, report writing and general communication skills.
Company: State of Arizona
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A