Website State of Colorado
School of Education & Human Development has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Academic Advisor position.
- Elevating student success is CU Denver’s first and highest priority.
- The School of Education & Human Development does this through targeting support to students which increases retention and graduation.
- Academic advising is recognized within the School of Education & Human Development (SEHD) as an integral part to elevating student success.
- This full-time, University Staff (unclassified) position will work independently and with a team of academic advisors, faculty and administrators to guide students through an educational path and to develop and implement programs and services that foster student persistence and graduation.
- Building relationships with current community college students interested in transferring into the program, new freshmen, as well as retaining students to graduation, is a key part of this position.
- Successful candidates will have multi-cultural competence, an understanding of an urban campus, facility in supporting diverse and first-generation students and will be able to develop and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with faculty, staff and students.
- This position provides expertise and guidance to students on courses, career education, and academic concerns and processes.
- This position functions independently and functions as a subject matter expert when providing students with specific course information and program plans, working with specific student populations, identifying and providing resources to students in need of academic, financial or social support and resolving registration issues.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, public administration, education technology, business, or in a related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific experience.
- 2-4 years of higher education experience in academic advising or student support services.
Company: State of Colorado
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A