Website State of Colorado
The mission of the Colorado Department of Higher Education (CDHE) is to improve the quality of, ensure the affordability of, and promote access to, postsecondary education for the people of Colorado. In pursuing its mission, the Colorado Department of Higher Education will act as an advocated for the students and institutions of postsecondary education and will coordinate and, as needed, regulate the activities of the state’s postsecondary education institutions.
- Accounting, monitoring and reporting on compliance related to federal funds in HB21-1330 and any future federal dollars allocated to the
- Department based on task force recommendations
- Assisting with press releases and public presentations on the task force work
- Providing updates on the task force implementation plan to the Colorado Commission on Higher Education
- Implementation of the task force recommendations
- Assisting the Department’s legislative liaison on tracking legislation related to task force recommendations
- Ability to analyze program data;
- With adequate training, having a working knowledge of state statutes, rules and regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines related to HB21-1330;
- Ability to take initiative to solve problems in an innovative manner;
- Proficient at Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to work effectively in both independent and team situations;
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, and communication skills, both written and oral; and
- Ability to read and interpret Colorado Revised Statutes and policies;
- Strong attention to technical detail and accuracy.
- Strong time and project management skills, including prioritization and multi-tasking ability;
- Excellent reasoning, investigative, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, policy, education, or related field required.
- Experience in exercising independent judgment in an administrative setting.
- Experience in presenting technical information to nontechnical audiences and in leading collective decision making.
- At least (2) years of project management experience.
- At least (3) years of professional experience where the primary purpose of the position was program development and implementation, policy development and implementation, or public or private sector management or administration that included program formulation, execution, and analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, time management skills, and the ability to work effectively and under time constraints with a team of co-equals to meet tight and rigid deadlines.
- Skill in interacting with decision makers and staff as well as with other specialists and experts.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
Company: State of Colorado
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A