Website State of Connecticut
The majority of your time will be spent interacting directly with agency staff from all six divisions and multiple support staff functions within DESPP, in addition to vendors and contractors. Your mission will be to continuously enhance emergency services, public safety and support staff productivity via the application and ongoing support of effective and efficient technology solutions.
- Videoconferencing systems at HQ, Police and Fire Academies, and State EOC
- Copier/Printer support – Install drivers, network information, toner replacements, troubleshooting, vendor scheduling and tracking for repairs
- Mobile devices (wireless phones, tablets, sensors) and mobile device management (MDM) system
- DESPP IT Service Desk System – user and system errors, password resets, navigation, notifications, break/fix, vendor tracking, equipment inventory
- Diagnostic and System Monitoring Tools – respond to alert notifications and contact senior level IT staff when outages or problems occur within the agency IT infrastructure
- Security systems (cardkey, photo ID and building surveillance)
- State EOC IT operations support 24x7x365 during drills and activations (including inclement weather, major cybersecurity incidents, pandemic activity, etc.)
- Knowledge of functioning and use of information systems and technology; knowledge of IT equipment;
- Knowledge of help desk management tools and utilities; knowledge of computer operations and methods of preparing work for processing;
- Knowledge of data control functions specific to job stream maintenance and documentation;
- Basic knowledge of concepts of network and microcomputer operating systems;
- Interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; technical problem solving skills; logic and analytical skills; ability to install and maintain microcomputer hardware, software and basic network components;
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot simple operational and data communications problems; ability to prepare and maintain records, logs and reports.
- Three (3) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations support or another IT related support area.
Company: State of Connecticut
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Bloomfield, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A