Website State of Connecticut
The State of Connecticut , Connecticut Technical Education and Career System (CTECS), invites applicants to apply for a full-time (37.5 hours per week) Custodian position located at Prince Technical High School in CT. The Connecticut Technical Education and Career System serves approximately 11,200 full-time high school students.
- Performs custodial tasks and maintenance of areas such as dormitories, classrooms, offices, auditoriums, wards, kitchens, dining rooms and lavatories including outdoor areas (i.e. trash around buildings); dusts, mops, sweeps, scrubs, strips, waxes and polishes floors using appropriate equipment such as floor polishers and buffers; washes, dusts and polishes glass including windows, woodwork, walls, furniture and metal equipment; makes beds; checks, marks, stores and issues linens, blankets, and clothing (limited to individual’s work area not to include counting and inspection for a larger area); collects and counts soiled laundry; distributes, empties and sterilizes glassware, wash basins and bedpans; sweeps walks; collects and disposes of trash; reports needs for repairs; performs minor maintenance; runs errands; inspects buildings for damage and reports conditions to supervisor; may change light bulbs and replace fuses; may lubricate or tighten door hinges, drawers, cabinets, etc.; may replace ceiling or floor tiles; may remove snow and ice from stairways and walkways around buildings; may sand and salt stairways and walkways; may move furniture and/or set-up classrooms; performs related duties as required.
- Some interpersonal skills; some oral and written communication skills; ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to operate, care for and perform minor maintenance on tools and equipment used in daily work; some ability in simple record keeping.
- Incumbents in this class must have adequate physical strength, stamina, physical agility and visual and auditory acuity, and must maintain such physical fitness as to be able to perform the duties of the class.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience removing snow and ice from stairways and walkways around school buildings.
- Experience waxing and polishing floors using floor polishers and buffers.
- Experience performing custodial work in a school.
- Experience moving furniture in a school and setting up classrooms.
- Experience performing minor maintenance on tools and equipment used in daily work.
- Experience with deep cleaning and disinfecting large facilities.
Company: State of Connecticut
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Hartford, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A