Website State of Georgia
The Georgia Department of Public Health is the lead agency entrusted by the people of Georgia to proudly protect lives and promote healthy lifestyles in diverse communities statewide. We are committed to the health of the population of Georgia as our work impacts past, present and future generations.
- Serve as coordinator and facilitator of investigations training and other ER learning and development initiatives to deliver best practice investigation tools and knowledge to assigned HR team.
- Provide thought leadership on embedding a true continuous performance improvement culture, including review and management of updates to Performance Improvement Program procedures and associated supporting PIP plan materials.
- Advise and coach leadership and HR through PIP process.
- Analyze business unit’s ER data, identify trends, and communicate findings and recommendations.
- Prepare and train HR staff and leadership on template toolbox materials (invitations to disciplinary and grievance hearings, investigation meeting minutes, investigation outcome reports, disciplinary decision letters, etc.)
- Manage Agency’s performance management program, e-Performance, to assure that performance reviews are conducted annually and timely.
- Conduct periodic reviews of HR related policies and provide improvement recommendations.
- Conduct site organizational assessments that identify root cause of employee relations issues and provide recommendations to improve employee relations at worksites.
- Manage employment investigations for complex in-scope ER investigations across business units, while providing advice to HR staff on conducting investigations and other formal ER procedures in difficult cases – disciplinaries, grievances, capability (performance or ill health absence management).
Partner with other HR business leaders across all divisions to create and sustain positive employee relations programs and best practices.
- Strong project management, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience conducting and managing investigations of complex and confidential workplace complaints, to include sexual harassment.
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting with little direction and without direct supervision.
- Strong partnering, diplomacy, and collaboration skills, enabling individuals to establish influential partnerships working with peers, senior
- leaders and across organizational lines.
- 7+ years of experience supporting Employee Relations efforts
- Demonstrated and sophisticated ability to independently identify and analyze issues and problems and to develop and influence appropriate business solutions and plans of action.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated adaptability to changing business conditions and needs.
- Track record of influencing and providing consultative guidance to senior management around complex organizational issues.
- Experience in developing and delivering training on a variety of employment issues.
- Fluid and persuasive technical writing skills.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information with absolute confidentiality and professionalism.
- Expert level applied knowledge of employee relations issues (including performance management), risk management practices, investigative practices, and employment law.
- Ability to multitask, deal with ambiguity, and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Be a team player with a flexible, adaptable and results-oriented approach.
- Ability to run analytical reports and leverage data to identify and diagnose root cause elements.
Company: State of Georgia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Athens, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A