Website Louisiana State Civil Service
To serve as a licensed Clinical Social Worker and to provide independent assessment, implementation as case manager of treatment plans, and independent counseling with a minimum of supervision with a concentration on clients or offenders with specialized/atypical cases.
- Provides psychosocial evaluation aimed at identifying the special problems and needs manifested in specific high risk populations, such as abused children and adults, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, neurological trauma or disease, acute and chronic psychiatric diagnoses, abusive parents, and offenders.
- Develops and implements complex individualized case management plans of service and social work treatment to address identified needs, problems, and behavioral/emotional reactions of patients and families.
- Provides specialized individual, group or family therapy requiring advanced diagnostic and treatment intervention skills in complex situations involving interpersonal, social, financial, legal, and/or health dimensions.
- Participates in planning staff development activities to increase ability to deal with practice problems relating to working with individuals, families, groups, and communities.
- Provides consultation to interdisciplinary staff, other Social Service or Social Work Staff, and community agencies regarding the psychosocial aspects of service to assigned population.
- Prepares required social work reports such as assessments, case summaries, social histories and counseling reports, progress reports, discharge plans or summaries.
- Provides expert testimony and/or advocacy representation for clients in court cases.
- May conduct special projects related to assigned high-risk groups.
- A master’s degree in social work from an accredited school of social work followed by three years of professional level social services experience.
Company: Louisiana State Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Alexandria, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A