Louisiana State Civil Service
he Field Audit Excise Tax Division is responsible for auditing for compliance in state and out of state of all the Louisiana severance taxes, all Louisiana Excise Taxes, and any other miscellaneous taxes of smaller exposure by Field Audit Services Division staff that specializes in compliance activities directed at enhancing voluntary compliance of those taxes.
- The incumbent in this position independently and with minimal supervision performs in-state and out-of-state field audits of the most complex businesses and corporations to ensure compliance with Louisiana tax laws, regulations and policies, and the collection of taxes due.
- The incumbent of this position may be responsible for field audit administration duties for two or more tax types.
- This position is directly responsible for coordinating tax audits for various and sundry tax types including but not limited to Corporation Income, Franchise, Personal Income, Sales/Use, Severance, International Fuel Tax Agreement, Tobacco, Motor Fuels, Natural Gas franchise and other taxes administered by the Department of Revenue.
- The incumbent in this position is responsible for conducting audits within the state of Louisiana as well as other locations throughout the United States.
- The Revenue Tax Auditor positions are domiciled in home offices and are strategically located within and without the State based on the assessed need for audit resources in a specific geographical region of the State and/or Country.
Company: Louisiana State Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A