Website Louisiana State Civil Service
Vacancies may be filled from this posting by probational appointment into a permanent position, promotion of a current permanent status classified employee or by job appointment, which is temporary in nature not to exceed 48 months. If filled as a job appointment, the position may be converted to a probational appointment provided a vacant position becomes available and funding is available.
- The Office of Risk Management (ORM) is the Division of Administration ancillary agency that administers the comprehensive risk management program for the State of Louisiana and is solely and statutorily responsible for managing all state insurance coverage, both purchased and self-insured, for workers’ compensation, property, and casualty exposures.
- ORM is also responsible for managing all tort claims made against the State and department/agency/board/commission clients, and serves as the State of Louisiana public facilities sub-recipient representative for FEMA Public Assistance Grants.
- Authorized to extend individual payment and settlement authority of $100,000 without additional approvals.
- Responsible for the comprehensive overview of all claim handling and management activities for claims, exercising first-line functional supervision over the State’s Third Party Administrator (TPA).
- Oversee work processes; review and authorize or reject transactions that exceed authority levels delegated to TPA.
- Develop and execute periodic in-depth file and performance reviews for a sufficient number of TPA claim files to ensure the adjudication of claims in compliance with TPA’s contract terms.
- Monitor and review the work of TPA desk examiners and claim adjusters. Exercise contract oversight, utilizing performance standards and guidelines in evaluating claim files and conducting performance reviews of the TPA and its employees.
- A baccalaureate degree plus three years of professional level experience in insurance claims adjusting, nursing, allied heath fields, construction management, or as a practicing attorney.
Experience in the fields of accident investigation, insurance claims examining, insurance claims investigation or insurance claims adjusting will substitute for the required college training on the basis of 30 semester hours for one year of experience.
Company: Louisiana State Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A