Website Louisiana State Civil Service
To perform very complex, sub professional engineering tasks of a complex nature requiring intensive training & diversified experience in a specialized area; and/or to serve as lead worker over lower-level technicians and/or other personnel engaged in sub professional engineering work.
- Administers the Quality Assurance program for the Soils and Aggregate Sections of the District 03 Laboratory. Reviews contract documents for projects to determine proper sampling and testing methods.
- Assists supervisors in the prioritization and scheduling of sampling and testing within the assigned units.
- Performs the more complex testing and calculations to produce final acceptance parameters for materials within assigned units. Organizes test results for documentation, analysis, and reporting to the District Laboratory Engineer or designated representative.
- Collects and analyzes data of materials to ensure compliance with the Department’s Quality Assurance program for the Soils and Aggregate
- Sections and to troubleshoot problem areas regarding construction and maintenance materials and equipment.
- Trains lower level technicians in the proper usage, care, and calibration of test equipment and in the procedures and calculations performed within the assigned units.
- Prioritizes activities, plans work sequence, and schedules personnel for accomplishing the work within the assigned units.
- Reviews the preliminary test results and calculations of lower level technicians for accuracy and correctness.
- Performs calibrations of testing equipment used within assigned areas and maintains calibration records as part of the statewide Laboratory Accreditation program.
- Possession of a high school diploma or GED plus three years of sub-professional engineering experience.
Company: Louisiana State Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Lafayette, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A