Website Louisiana State Civil Service
The Field Audit Excise Tax Division is responsible for auditing for compliance in state and out of state of all the Louisiana severance taxes, all Louisiana Excise Taxes, and any other miscellaneous taxes of smaller exposure by Field Audit Services Division staff that specializes in compliance activities directed at enhancing voluntary compliance of those taxes. Staff members are physically located at headquarters, and remote locations formerly referred to as “Districts” in Louisiana as well as Houston, Dallas, and other large metropolitan areas around the country.
- The Revenue Tax Auditor positions are domiciled in home offices and are strategically located within and without the State based on the assessed need for audit resources in a specific geographical region of the State and/or Country.
- This position is directly responsible for coordinating tax audits for various and sundry tax types including but not limited to Corporation
- Income, Franchise, Personal Income, Sales/Use, Severance, International Fuel Tax Agreement, Tobacco, Motor Fuels, Natural Gas franchise and other taxes administered by the Department of Revenue.
- The incumbent in this position is responsible for conducting audits within the state of Louisiana as well as other locations throughout the United States.
- The incumbent in this position independently and with minimal supervision performs in-state and out-of-state field audits of the most complex businesses and corporations to ensure compliance with Louisiana tax laws, regulations and policies, and the collection of taxes due.
- The incumbent of this position may be responsible for field audit administration duties for two or more tax types.
- Any college hours or degree must be from a school accredited by one of the following regional accrediting bodies: the Middle States Commission on Higher Education; the New England Commission of Higher Education; the Higher Learning Commission; the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities; the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Company: Louisiana State Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: New Orleans, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A