Website Louisiana State Civil Service
The Department of New Media, Journalism, and Communication Arts within the Dear School of Creative and Perfonning Arts at Northwestern State University of Louisiana is seeking applications for a 12-month unclassified/faculty position of Department Head of the Department of New Media, Journalism, and Communication Arts. Academic rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience. EFFECTIVE DATE: July I, 2021
- Reporting to the Director of the School of Creative and Performing Arts, the Department Head of New Media, Journalism, and Communication Arts administers the Communication major with the following concentrations: Journalism, Broadcast, and Digital Media; Strategic Communications; and Sports Media.
- In addition, the department offers a 24-credit minor and 18-credit certificate in Strategic Communications.
- The Department Head also provides necessary oversight of student media, including the student newspaper, radio station, TV station, and yearbook.
- Administrative responsibilities include coordinating curriculum development; course scheduling; strategic planning; faculty and staff supervision; program advocacy; recruitment outreach; alumni and donor relations; resource management; facility oversight, and service activities while demonstrating a commitment to excellence in teaching.
- The Department Head should understand the needs of an undergraduate program in digital/multi-platform journalism and strategic communication.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in developing curriculum and assessment procedures;
- History of peer-reviewed research (scholarly or creative) at the national/international level.
- Experience with ACEJMC and SACS-COC accreditation;
- Familiarity with curriculum development and creating new program offerings.
- Strengthen and/or create meaningful donor and alumni relationships and university partnerships;
- Excite future majors about the department’s programs and offerings at recruiting events;
- Organize and supervise department events and encourage faculty to think creatively about organizing events that engage students;
- Be creative about resource implications and equipment management.
Company: Louisiana State Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: New Orleans, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A