Website Louisiana State Civil Service
The Louisiana Department of Revenue (LDR) is responsible for fairly and efficiently collecting state tax revenues to fund public services, to regulate charitable gaming and the sale of alcoholic beverage and tobacco, and to support state agencies in the collection of overdue debts.
- The incumbent in this position independently and with minimal supervision performs in-state and out-of-state field audits of the most complex businesses and corporations to ensure compliance with Louisiana tax laws, regulations and policies, and the collection of taxes due.
- The Revenue Tax Auditor positions are domiciled in home offices and are strategically located within and without the State based on the assessed need for audit resources in a specific geographical region of the State and/or Country.
- The incumbent in this position is responsible for conducting audits within the state of Louisiana as well as other locations throughout the United States.
- This position is directly responsible for coordinating tax audits for various and sundry tax types including but not limited to Corporation Income, Franchise, Personal Income, Sales/Use, Severance, International Fuel Tax Agreement, Tobacco, Motor Fuels, Natural Gas franchise and other taxes administered by the Department of Revenue.
- The incumbent of this position may be responsible for field audit administration duties for two or more tax types.
- A baccalaureate degree with twenty-four semester hours in accounting.
- Any college hours or degree must be from a school accredited by one of the following regional accrediting bodies: the Middle States Commission on Higher Education; the New England Commission of Higher Education; the Higher Learning Commission; the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities; the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Company: Louisiana State Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: New Orleans, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A