Website Louisiana State Civil Service
The Assistant Baseball Coach identifies, recruits, coaches and retains student athletes. Schedules contests and participates in athletic development and fundraising activities for athletics programs. Promotes and oversees the academic well-being of student athletes. Reviews film to scout other teams and provides leadership for all aspects of the basketball program.
- Comply with all LSUS, NAIA, and Red River Athletic Conference regulations and policies
- Assists the Baseball Head Coach with day-to-day activities associated with the program including, but not limited to, recruitment, on-the-floor coaching, video work, and community involvement.
- Provides leadership for all aspects of Baseball to ensure a highly competitive and successful program.
- Serves as a role model to mentor team members to develop and display appropriate behavior and sportsmanship expected of athletic teams and individuals representing LSUS.
- Observes athletes during practice and competition to identify opportunities for individual or team improvement. Teaches players specific tasks and skills before, during, and after practice.
- Schedules contests and reviews film to scout other teams.
- Supports and monitors academic performance and social development of the student athletes.
- Assists with recruitment of new student athletes including, but not limited to, attends off-campus games for the purpose of contact and evaluation, manages recruitment material mailings, maintains contact and plans campus visits with prospective student athletes.
- Coordinates all enrollment activities of Baseball student athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Three years of coaching experience at the high school level or above.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel regularly for games, recruiting and scouting opponents.
Company: Louisiana State Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Shreveport, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A