State of Louisiana
JeffCare, a program of Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority, is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) comprised of two Health Centers. JeffCare’s goal is integration of primary care and behavioral health services to best serve the needs of the population; and, empowerment of individuals to achieve improved quality of life through the provision of effective services, delivered in an environment of integrity and respect. The RN Supervisor provides direct services as well as supervision to the nursing staff and receives supervision from the Administrative Program Director 4 (Director of Operations). This position is expected to complete all required in service/trainings in order to maintain license and keep nursing skills current, learn new skills as well adhere to all JPHSA policies, JeffCare procedures, accreditation standards and Civil Service Rules.
REQUIREMENT: A valid Louisiana Registered Nurse license
50% Provides supervision, performance planning and evaluations and monitoring for lower level nursing staff under the position’s supervisory authority.
- Follows JPHSA Staff Development and Supervision Guidelines as well as Civil Service Rules;
- Completes annual Performance Evaluation System (PES) planning and evaluation/ rating with each supervised staff within the required time frames. Monitors, evaluates and documents concerns/progress towards established performance and work behavior expectations;
- Directs nursing staffing/ scheduling needs to ensure adequate coverage for nursing services as directed by the Director of Operations;
- Maintains proficiency in all Authority provided software programs and electronic health record;
- Develops and monitors nursing procedures for staff training and cross training between East Jefferson and West Jefferson Health Centers;
- Ensures compliance with and understanding of JPHSA Policies, Mission, Priorities and Philosophies and JeffCare Procedures at all times; and
- Promotes utilization of evidenced-based and best practices in the provision of treatment to individuals receiving services from JeffCare.
30% Performs and supervises all direct care nursing services.
- Meets and greets individuals per the current workflow and customer service standards;
- Prepares individuals for Physician or APRN visit including but not limited to the following:
- Obtains/updates chief complaint;
- Obtains prior medical history;
- Obtains and reconciles current and past medications;
- Obtains and reconciles allergies;
- Obtains tobacco use history;
- Obtains the date of females’ last menstrual period;
- Obtains responses to PHQ-2 and, if indicated, PHQ-9 depression scales;
- Obtains responses to Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) for individuals being seen in primary care only;
- Documents all responses in the Electronic Health Record (EHR);
- Documents administration of vaccines for children in Louisiana Immunization Network for Kids Statewide(LINKS)
- Takes and records in EHR vital signs including but not limited to blood pressure, random blood glucose, height, weight, and Body Mass Index (BMI);
- Completes point of service testing as directed, such as urine drug screens, urine pregnancy testing, random blood glucose, HbA1C, or HIV testing;
- Prepares individuals for examination/procedure;
- Administers injectable medications/immunizations as directed by Physician/APRN;
- Responds/ consults regarding medical and psychiatric emergencies, First Aid, CPR, Infection Control Biohazard issues, with emphasis on maintaining safety for all individuals served, visitors and staff;
- Completes all required incident reports and reviews per policy timelines;
- Ensures nursing staff compliance with all documentation requirements;
- Oversees, monitors and provides care in the absence of a Medical Assistant or LPN;
- Ensures nursing staff participate in Health Center Huddles with Behavioral Health and Primary Care staff;
- Coordinates/ consults with Physicians, APRNs and other staff or Divisions as needed;
- Complies with and ensures nursing staff comply with all requirements for quality care services including revising treatment plans, consent for family involvement and privacy laws; and
- Provides data to the Director of Operations regarding pregnancy testing, counseling, and outcomes for quarterly block grant reporting requirements.
15% Other Duties:
- Assists as a liaison with schools of nursing, hospitals, nursing organizations and other state or community agencies;
- Participates in committees, projects, Performance and Quality Improvement initiative workgroups, and data collecting efforts as assigned;
- Provides results-oriented, problem solving feedback to Health Center Managers and Director of Operations;
- Serves as a member of the JeffCare Operations Management Team;
- Interviews/ screens potential nursing staff applicants;
- Performs duties as acting Health Center Manager, in absence of Health Center Manager, as directed and in conjunction with other supervisors; and
- Works in conjunction with clinical and administrative supervisors to promote and maintain workflow and treatment services.
5% Performs other duties as assigned to meet JeffCare/JPHSA needs.
No Civil Service test score is required in order to be considered for this vacancy.
To apply for this vacancy, click on the “Apply” link above and complete an electronic application, which can be used for this vacancy as well as future job opportunities. Applicants are responsible for checking the status of their application to determine where they are in the recruitment process. Further status message information is located under the Information section of the Current Job Opportunities page.
*Resumes WILL NOT be accepted in lieu of completed education and experience sections on your application. Applications may be rejected if incomplete.
Note regarding the advertised pay range
: The advertised maximum amount listed is the maximum salary a person can make while in this title/level over their career and
not the maximum amount we are allowed to pay a new hire
For further information about this vacancy contact:
Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority
3616 S. I-10 Service Road West, Metairie, LA 70001
Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority and its programs (JPHSA) participate in E-Verify
Federal law mandates all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. All new hires at JPHSA are subject to employment eligibility verification through E-verify.
E-Verify is for Everyone.
For more information on E-Verify, please contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-897-7781 or visit
Any college hours or degree must be from a school accredited by one of the following regional accrediting bodies: the Middle States Commission on Higher Education; the New England Commission of Higher Education; the Higher Learning Commission; the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities; the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.