Website State of Minnesota
This position administers and coordinates transition programming at MCF-WR/ML, linking community services, facility staff, and individuals under the supervision of the DOC together in this effort. This position evaluates and implements standard as well as new and innovative approaches to transition, including but not limited to issues of housing, employment, personal finance, transportation, health, family, personal identification documents, family reunification, and living under supervision.
- Plan and implement transition program delivery at MCF-WR/ML in order to provide a complete continuum of services to individuals under the supervision of the DOC.
- Provide direct daily supervision to clerks and transition services users as well as transition counseling to individuals during the normal workday.
- Create an environment in which transition services are optimal in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide assistance to individuals in need of personal identification documents.
- Serve as an information agent and access point for community organizations and government agencies involved in transition programming.
- This position is located at a Minnesota Correctional Facility and will have direct contact with individuals who are incarcerated.
- Skills in teaching or conducting classroom training including experience in designing and delivering oral presentations in a variety of settings.
- Problem solving skills sufficient to establish offender transition or reintegration program direction, identify potential problems and issues, and involve appropriate internal and external resources to accomplish goals, and to assist offenders in meeting goals for release preparation and developing personal skills and resources.
- Written and oral communication skills sufficient to maintain effective lines of communication with corrections staff and community resources/programs sufficient to prepare and deliver classroom presentations and one-on-one pre-release counseling services to offenders in a variety of pre-release topics in job search, housing, education, family reunification, parenting, personal finance and money management, mental and physical health, cultural awareness, etc.
- Human relation skills sufficient to develop collaborative relationships with a variety of public, private, and community organizations.
- Organizational skills sufficient to coordinate and supervise special transition events for offenders, such as the annual transition fair and mock job fair for offenders, family law clinics, child support workshops, etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Corrections, Criminal Justice, Criminology, Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Counseling, Sociology, Social Work, Education or a related field AND 2 years of experience supervising offenders/clients in a secured or correctional environment.
- Experience and skills in using word processing and database software.
Company: State of Minnesota
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Duluth, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A