Website State of Minnesota
This is an Unlimited (Year-round) Full-time position at Lake Bronson, Minnesota near Thief River Falls as an Assistant Park Manager for Lake Bronson and Old Mill State Parks. The position is responsible for the administration, supervision and implementation of the Department of Natural Resources’ and the Division of Parks and Trails’ programs, activities, policies and rules pertaining to the operation of Lake Bronson and Old Mill State Parks. This position exists to provide direct supervisory work in areas of moderate complexity in the management and operation of the state parks, and outdoor recreation and natural resources management programs. This position also assists with the management of the Lake Bronson Dam and all the regular operations associated with lake management and seasonal high water events.
- Personnel management: Recruit, interview, hire, direct, schedule and train employees.
- Physical plant management: Repair, maintenance and custodial services for buildings, grounds, utilities and all other facilities.
- Fiscal management: Management of revenue operations, budgets and purchasing of goods and services.
- Resource management: Management of natural and cultural resources of the park.
- Visitor services and interpretive program management: Administration of vehicle permit sales, campground operation and operation of all public facilities. Also includes administration of the park’s personal and non-personal interpretive programs.
- Enforcement and emergency services: Enforcement of all relevant rules and statutes as well as provide for emergency response to ensure visitor safety.
- Public relations: Provide customer service/information both to park visitors and to the local community via media outlets. Implement visitor services activities and programming to increase outreach/involvement with local community interest groups.
- Policy and planning: Setting up a unit management plan for the park and participating in Division and Department planning groups.
- Ability to treat employees inclusively in the areas of accommodation, scheduling, expectations, individualized resource needs, training, and development.
- Writing skills sufficient to communicate work plans, proposals and reports.
- Oral communication skills sufficient to communicate work requirements to individuals, teams, or crews.
- Organizational and administrative skills sufficient to organize diverse elements of work and perform tasks within administrative requirements.
- Ability to comprehend laws, rules, policies, and procedures.
- Fiscal skills sufficient to administer a small budget, track expenditures and income.
- Word processing skills sufficient to draft letters, memos, correspondence, etc.
- Spreadsheet skills sufficient to create, edit and modify spreadsheets.
Qualification & Experience:
Company: State of Minnesota
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: St. Paul, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A