Website State of Nevada
Aging and Disability Services Division (ADSD) is recruiting for multiple Health Care Coordinator 1 positions located at the Community Based Care Unit (CBC) in Reno, Nevada. This recruitment may be used to underfill Health Care Coordinator 2 positions. Progression to the next level may occur after meeting the minimum qualifications, satisfactory performance, and with endorsement of the appointing authority.
- Health Care Coordinators perform professional work related to program operations and auditing providers to ensure compliance with program policies and regulations.
- They evaluate individuals referred to the medical services program and provide ongoing case management services to Medicaid eligible clients; evaluate the need for medical services, treatment, equipment and supplies and authorize payment; screen individuals to determine appropriate level of care in nursing homes;
- Review programs to ensure services are being provided in a cost effective manner;
- Participate in program development by providing input on policies and procedures, forms, medical coverage and system enhancements.
- ADSD positions assigned to the CBC ensure a coordinated support system to meet the needs of at-risk elderly and disabled persons by providing case management and essential services to recipients of CBC programs statewide to facilitate community integration and avoid institutionalization.
- Responsibilities include case management, assessment, eligibility determination, development, implementation, and oversight of the plan of care, home visits and documentation utilizing a web-based case management software system.
- Professional Licensure or certification as a social worker, nurse on in a medical specialty issued by the appropriate licensing board in the State of Nevada at the time of appointment.
- Incumbents must maintain professional licensure or certification in their specialty as a condition of continuing employment.
- A valid driver’s license or evidence of equivalent mobility is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continued employment.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant at the cost of the applicant.
- This position is required to travel up to 50% of the time
Company: State of Nevada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Reno, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A