Website State of Oregon
The Oregon State Hospital (Salem) is searching for a Peer Recovery Specialist to provide 1:1 peer support to individually requested or intra-departmentally referred patients. Share lived experiences as appropriate to build rapport, validate experiences, and promote social learning through relational exchange.
- Support patients in exploring coping and recovery skills to respond to challenges in their treatment and care and navigate institutional and personal recovery journeys in alignment with self-determined values and abilities
- Encourage patients’ development of actions centered in hope and choice
- Assist in development of materials and/or resources that explain peer services and recovery (for both internal and external audiences
- Provide education and resources to patients on communication skills, community resources/natural supports, peer support and other related self-advocacy and recovery skills
- Coordinate with other treatment providers to ensure group delivery and outings are time, space, policy and individually appropriate
- Complete appropriate paperwork to verify patient privilege level prior to conducting groups on-grounds and in the community
- Develop and facilitate peer-centered, peer-led groups that provide relationship skill-building and support on Treatment Malls, hospital units, and within the community
Qualification & Experience:
- Three years of experience working with mentally, emotionally, behaviorally, or physically impaired clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral or social science (e.g. social work, human services, psychology, child development, gerontology, health, or health education) may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
Company: State of Oregon
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Salem, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A