Website State of Oregon
- The information in your application will be used to complete a pay equity assessment to determine salary placement upon hire. Please see the link here to our Pay Equity Project. If you have additional questions, please contact the HR Talent Acquisition Consultant.
- Finalists will be subject to a computerized criminal history check. Adverse background data may be grounds for immediate disqualification
- Agency does not offer visa sponsorship. Within three days of hire, applicants will be required to complete I-9 documentation and confirm authorization to work in the United States. If your employment authorization and documentation is contingent on sponsorship now or in the future, you will not meet Agency employment eligibility standards
- The Director provides overall leadership and identifies the mission and goals of the Department, oversees and is responsible for all programs, operations, and administrative functions. Adopts and revises Lottery rules and policies as well as governs Lottery financial operations, including reporting, budget review and recommendation to Lottery Commission for approval. Performs duties as the secretary and executive officer of the Lottery commission and initiates changes to policies, administrative rules and lottery games. Evaluates results in relation to the mission and makes changes/corrections as appropriate. The Director communicates with Lottery commissioners, provides expert consultation, seeks policy guidance, and makes recommendations for an annual budget and serves as key contact with government and state officials and other state and provincial lotteries and voting member of national associations.
- Demonstrated commitment and measurable results in equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives.
- A proven track record of navigating, impacting, and enacting state policy decisions, legislation, and regulatory actions.
- Ability and experience in inclusive leadership, including the ability to lead and work with a team of skilled, diverse, and motivated colleagues.
- Patience, perseverance, integrity, and empathy.
- Exceptional, and demonstrated written and oral communication skills including public speaking and the preparation of issues summaries, testimony, and other written reports of technical and complex nature.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with first class ethics and a high-level of integrity.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in the implementation of federal and/or state laws and policy.
- Skills both at delegating, and in leading collaborative efforts.
- Ability to advocate effectively for actions that advance the mission of the agency before elected and appointed officials at the state and federal levels.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability and experience in working collaboratively with fellow state, federal, local, and tribal leaders.
- Demonstrated experience leading strategic planning initiatives and program assessments.
Company: State of Oregon
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Salem, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A