Website State Of Texas
The Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) Program Specialist VI position for Child Protective Investigations (CPI) Leadership and Staff Development reports to the CPI Director of Leadership and Staff Development. This position collaborates with the DFPS State Office Field team including the CPI Associate Commissioner and other State Office Divisions to ensure quality and effective peer support is provided to staff around the state. This position manages the CPI Peer Support program throughout the state, will enhance the CPI leadership trainings, and monitor compliance with the Texas Family Code (TFC), Texas Administrative Code (TAC), CPI policies, and protocols for all CPI field staff.
- This position will be instrumental in the development and continued implementation of the Peer Support team, while also responsible for the further development of the skills of our CPI Managers by creating, facilitating, or coordinating advanced leadership training.
- This position requires high-profile interactions and collaboration with internal DFPS staff and external stakeholders while also appropriately handling of sensitive, confidential information.
- This position conducts and performs high level evaluation guidelines regarding procedures, policies, implementation, and compliance related to CPI development program.
- This position reviews, monitors, tracks and responds to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders regarding current protocol and practices.
- This position requires the analyzation of detailed reports to assess for trends and patterns while formulating high-level reports to management.
- This position requires participation and leading of special projects and workgroups.
- This position is performed under minimal direction and supervision with collaborative latitude for the use of critical thinking, initiative, independent judgment, and decision making.
- Manages and coordinates the CPI Peer support team, as well as staff development and leadership training for the Child Protective Investigations and Alternative Response leaders throughout the state of Texas.
- Supervises the planning and development of peer support training activities to ensure support of staff, as well as to ensure compliance with the agency and division mission.
- Works closely with leadership, assessing gaps for managers around policy and practice expertise, leadership development, and implements training opportunities.
- Establishes short, mid, and long-range goals and objectives.
- Develops, identifies, and assesses priorities and standards for achieving goals. (30%)and#149; Selects, trains and develops the CPI Peer Support team members and other program staff to achieve department goals.
- Establishes division goals and priorities and evaluates effectiveness of activities, including marketing and data collection of peer support team.
- Develops, prepares, analyzes and produces administrative reports, data, and to assess for trends and patterns and responds to legislative inquiries regarding peer support. as well as staff development and leadership trainings.
- Formulates both high level and detailed reports for upper level management related to peer support and leadership training provided to staff.
- Provides training and support to regional staff to enhance leadership development.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A