Website State Of Texas
Are you ready to be professionally challenged? Are you looking to be part of a dynamic team of engaged and committed professionals? Then the Health and Specialty Care System (HSCS) may be just the place for you! The HSCS is comprised of nine psychiatric hospitals located throughout the state, and one youth residential psychiatric center in Waco. The HSCS is a hub of excellence for forensic mental health and complex psychiatric care, with all facilities accredited by The Joint Commission. The hospitals provide state-of-the-art treatment that is recovery-oriented and science-based. Whether in a direct-care or support role, your contribution will make a difference in the life of a Texan.
- May train new employees of job specific duties as assigned.
- Compiles reports and documentation of patient progress to record information in order to improve quality of service delivery.
- Documentation includes treatment team sheets, weekly planners, goal progress sheets, and progress notes.
- Maintains work area and completes housekeeping specific to assigned area in order to provide a clean, safe, and pleasant environment.
- Will perform CPR, TIPS techniques correctly and safely, according to specifications taught in staff training.
- Attends work on a regular basis and may be required to work a specific shift schedule or, at times, even a rotating schedule, in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
- Leads goal-directed recovery, recreational and competency restoration groups with forensic/psychiatric adults.
- Serves as a role model while conducting activities and engaging with patients in order to provide therapeutic interventions as prescribed by the treatment team.
- Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation.
- Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
- Procures and prepares materials for therapeutic activities in order to maintain an adequate supply and conduct activities as scheduled.
- Monitors program areas to ensure safe environment is maintained for patients and staff. May train others in this area.
- Ability to plan work activities, to understand and carry out instructions, to maintain records, to prepare concise reports to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form, and to train others.
- Experience and/or training leading group discussions or activities.
- Experience teaching classes- preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in rehabilitation, psychology, sociology, social work, education, or a related field is generally preferred.
- Understanding of continuous quality improvement.
- Understanding and compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Education and experience providing recovery services for individuals with psychiatric illnesses or other special needs may be substituted for one another.
- Experience providing direct care in a psychiatric setting, preferred
- Fluently bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred.
- General understanding of treatment needs and therapeutic methods/techniques for rehabilitation of individuals with psychiatric illness.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
- Experience adapting tasks or activities for individuals with special needs, preferred.
- 1 year experience and/or training working with individuals who have psychiatric illnesses, substance abuse issues, and/or other special needs.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Government Administration
Job Location: Terrell, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A