Website State Of Texas
HHSC Social Services Applications (SSA) division is seeking a Senior Technical Deployment Manager (DM) to oversee the deployment and validation of SSA application releases and system enhancements to production. DM will plan deployments with various IT teams and work with multiple tools to gather change items and activities within the scope of assigned releases.
- Leading and triaging troubleshooting process for systems involving 100s of I/T services and components undergoing complex changes; exercising technical judgement as well as leadership skills in coordinating with technical subject matter experts in code, configuration, middleware, database, network and other I/T areas.
- Completing root cause analysis documentation; training juniors and strategizing improvement to existing process. (10%)
- Coordinate software deployments with application development teams, DevOps engineers, testers, TIERS ops & security and our business
- stakeholders to plan and coordinate environment setup and configuration. (20%)
- Maintain the IT DevOps roadmap in accordance with SSA goals and objectives. Attend the IT Governance meeting on regular basis, develop, update and maintain the roadmap to reflect changes. Seek senior management approval. (5%)
- Utilizing Agile development practices, provide direction that meets SSA goals and objectives by participating in backlog grooming & user story development.
- Ensure user story development follow Social Services Applications’ Agile guidelines, set priority, participate in retrospective ceremonies and provide feedback. (5%)
- Oversee the troubleshooting of environment issues encountered during development in the dev/test environments. Coordinate with the
- Middleware, EM, database, network and development teams to identify root cause of the issue(s) reported and provide fix. Training juniors’ members of the team and strategizing improvement to existing process. (10%)
- Oversee the planning and coordination of environment setup while focusing on timely delivery of environments; manage risks and issues. (25%)
- Possesses conflict resolution skills and focuses on scrum values of openness, honesty and respect.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Ability to make sound decisions resulting in delivery of software products on time and defect free.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level.
- AGILE Project Management tools such as Jira, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Critical thinking abilities to identify and solve problems, understand and analyze burndown charts, team velocity and other required metrics.
- In-depth knowledge of software development processes, procedures and standards.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 years of hands-on experience managing technical Information Technology projects which involve development, enhancement and release of enterprise scale client-server products
- 5 years hands-on experience with enterprise-level application or systems development projects preferably using AGILE based SDLC.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Government Administration
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A