Website State Of Texas
This position serves as a Residential Child Care Licensing Investigator and is responsible for conducting child abuse/neglect investigations of children placed in 24-hour childcare facilities and child placing agencies licensed or certified by Residential Child Care Licensing.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave policy.
- Promotes and demonstrates appropriate respect for cultural diversity among coworkers and all work-related contacts.
- Documents findings of investigations regarding abuse/neglect and compliance with Minimum Standards.
- Investigates referrals that allege abuse/neglect of children placed in facilities licensed or certified by Residential Child Care Licensing.
- Coincidentally, investigates the facility’s compliance with applicable Texas Law, especially Minimum Standards.
- Prepares for and testifies in criminal and civil courts, including State Office of Administrative Hearings.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required to maintain unit operations.
- Skill in effective verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of mental retardation, emotional disturbance, physical handicaps, development disabilities, and treatment measures as applied to children.
- Ability to manage hostility and resistance to regulation in a professional, non-defensive manner.
- Ability to travel
- Skill in assessing immediacy of harmful situations, which might result in injury or death to a child and ability to take appropriate action.
- Thorough knowledge of the Family Code and other laws and regulations relating to children and their care such as the Texas Child Care Licensing Act.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
- Current employment as a DFPS Special Investigator
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Government Administration
Job Location: San Marcos, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A