Website State Of Texas
Work involves observing the grounds from a tower or a vehicle. Keeping daily reports, guarding against loss or damage from fire, theft, or vandalism, also preventing unauthorized departures. Works under the immediate supervision of the Security supervisors, with general supervision provided by the Assistant Director Of Security. Must understand that duties, location of work, shift patterns are subject to change as determined by administration to meet the needs of the hospital. Must be physically able to perform duties.
- % Time Spent: 10%
- Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
- Employee actively participates and/or serves in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or
- Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation.
- Check exterior unoccupied buildings by walking around the buildings checking for unlocked doors, broken or open windows, for signs of unauthorized entry.
- Investigate unusual incidents by writing reports and asking questions pertaining to the incident and to answer all questions concerning the incident. % Time Spent: 10%
- Monitor traffic for violations, and report to the Security Supervisor, for the safety of patients, staff, and visitors.
- Monitor all staff and visitors for identification badges by observing everybody and reporting to the Security Supervisor. % Time Spent: 10%
- Observation of grounds from a tower or in a security vehicle to prevent loss of life and property by fire, theft, or vandalism. % Time Spent: 55 %
- Ability to learn and be skilled in proper communication with 2-way radios
- Ability to react quickly and calmly in emergencies
- Ability to be flexible in location of work and shift patterns as determined by administration to meet the needs of the hospital
- Knowledge of Security Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with employees, patients, and visitors
- Ability to maintain a driving record that allows for transporting of patients in State vehicles
- Ability to Learn and be skilled in proper search techniques and Security and Administrative Policies and Procedures concerning Elopements.
- Ability to learn and be skilled in procedures used in reporting and dealing with emergencies.
- Ability to write factual reports with detailed and accurate information.
- Ability to learn and enforce rules and regulations governing conduct of persons and the use of state equipment, building, and grounds
- Ability to complete mandatory training, including but not limited to CPR, TIPS and Refresher Orientation.
- Ability to learn and be skilled in observation techniques
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Physical, mental , and emotional ability to perform tasks assigned
- Ability to work long hours in varying climate conditions; and to stay awake and alert at all times.
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited High School or G.E.D.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Government Administration
Job Location: Wichita Falls, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A