State of Vermont
The Agency of Human Services has a unique opportunity for an information management leader to be part of a program led by an executive steering committee comprised of representatives from four core functions – information technology, legal, business and records management – to establish a sustainable records and information management (RIM) program for the Vermont Agency of Human Services and its seven departments. Work is performed under the general supervision of the AHS Chief Operations Officer and the position has promotion potential within AHS under the RIM Specialist job series.
- Collaborating with AHS attorneys, technologists, business managers, and functions-based personnel, as well as other RIM specialists, you lead tasks related to records appraisal and scheduling by identifying, classifying and analyzing legal, administrative and archival requirements and drafting record schedules in accordance to VSARA policies and standards.
- You also perform specific functional operations of the evolving AHS RIM program to assure public records remain authentic and accessible from creation to ultimate disposition (destruction or transfer to state archives) and are managed in accordance with approved record schedules and state RIM standards.
- As a RIM Specialist II, you are able to immediately apply your advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Recordkeeping Principles (the “Principles”); records and information creation and use; records appraisal, retention, protection, and disposition; and information technology, including data management.
- You are able to respond to and resolve difficult and complex situations and problems and effectively impart complex ideas to others in easily understandable terms.
- The ability to assist with identifying, recommending and planning for current and future AHS RIM programming and service needs and lead change, as appropriate, is a core responsibility of this position.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree or higher in archives, library or information science or in the broader information management field.
- Professional designation of (or eligibility for) Certified Records Manager (CRM) or Certified Records Analyst (CRA) by the Institute of Certified Records Managers (ICRM); AND two (2) years or more of professional RIM work at the RIM Specialist I level or an equivalent position.
Company: State of Vermont
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Waterbury, VT, US
Application Deadline: N/A