Website State of Wisconsin
This position performs professional, confidential and administrative work providing a variety of office management services and administrative assistance to the Division Administrator, Deputy Administrator and the Division Management Team in a wide variety of management areas. Position is part of and confers with the Division Management Team on confidential office issues, options, and alternatives prior to the preparation and dissemination of Division decisions (e.g., budget decisions including position reductions or restructuring of programs, fee structures, etc.); this may include access to confidential and sensitive information regarding employment relations topics (e.g., PE documents including employee performance plans, etc.). Work involves complex records processing, and office management. Employee provides support and information to managers for their use in planning and making program-area related decisions, some of which are guided by laws, rules, and departmental policy.
This position performs operating budget preparation and maintenance of accounts throughout the fiscal year– this includes a current staff make-up of 227 positions and annual budget of approximately $24 million (GPR, PR, SEG, PRS and Federal funding). Employee participates in Division management meetings involving major budget and policy issues. Position plays a major part in personnel transaction and support activities for the Division (e.g., hiring, staff FMLA information needs, Worker’s Compensation; Health & Safety Officer liaison regarding accidents/injuries, etc.). Position is responsible for ensuring that departmental and Division policies are being complied with, reaching out for support as issues or questions arise. Position works on a variety of special projects assigned by the Deputy Administrator.
- Experience coordinating with internal and external workgroups, such as Human Resources (HR), Finance, Management Services, Information Technology (IT),
- Executive Management, etc.
- Experience supporting recruitment and selection activities such as coordinating interviews, maintaining confidential information, creating/auditing position descriptions, conducting reference checks and/or processing hiring documents.
- Experience providing administrative support (e.g. maintaining files and/or records, drafting correspondence, assembling materials, etc.).
- Experience using office technology and personal computer software such as Microsoft Office or similar (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, etc.).
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external stakeholders (e.g., interpreting, applying, and communicating organizational processes and policies).
- Experience working independently; setting priorities to meet work demands and deadlines.
Company: State of Wisconsin
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Madison, WI, US
Application Deadline: N/A