Website City of Stockton
This position is an apprentice-level, non-sworn position in the Fire Department. Fire Fighting involves vigorous and skilled physical work and continuous training, as well as handling emergency and life-or-death situations. Fire Fighters also work with citizens to promote fire prevention, provide emergency medical care, perform fire-suppression activities, perform water rescue, protect the environment from hazardous material incidents, perform heavy rescue operations from cars and collapsed buildings, and conduct and participate in a various training programs to stay current on the latest fire fighting technology and methods.
- Ability to work in hazardous situations; must maintain adequate physical strength, agility and stamina to carry out rescue duties in inclement weather, from heights, tunnels, water or other potentially risky conditions.
- Must possess strength and stamina sufficient to lift and carry equipment and patients weighing up to 165 pounds and be able to wear self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Must administer life support or life saving treatment to emergency patients or victims of fire.
- Safety practices and precautions pertaining to the work.
- Following oral and written directions;
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of the work;
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing clear and concise reports and other written materials; and
- Remaining calm, making sound decisions, and responding appropriately in emergency situations.
- Basic principles and practices of emergency medical care at the basic life support level; and
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation;
Company: City of Stockton
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A